Audi Store Warranty
The following warranties are provided by Audi Store, Volkswagen Group Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 14 093 117 876) trading as Audi Australia of Level 7, 895 South Dowling Street, Zetland, NSW 2017, Phone: 1800 502834, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, as the importer/distributor of Audi products in Australia.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
The benefits conferred under this Audi Store Warranty are in addition to any statutory rights or remedies that you may have, including under the Australian Consumer Law.
Warranty on Genuine Accessories and Audi Genuine Merchandise
Subject to the below, and without limiting any other rights or remedies provided under the Australian Consumer Law, original Audi Genuine Accessories or Audi Genuine Merchandise purchased from Audi Store carry a 24 month unlimited kilometre guarantee against defects in the Audi Genuine Accessories or Audi Genuine Merchandise only, commencing from the date of purchase (invoice date) from Audi Store. Audi Genuine Accessories that are purchased on or after 1 January 2022 and which are fitted as part of an original new vehicle sale will carry a 60 month unlimited kilometre guarantee against defects.
This Audi Store Warranty entitles the owner to the following with respect to any goods purchased from the Audi Store that suffer a manufacturing defect (at the election of Audi Australia):
- The replacement of any faulty or unusable Audi Genuine Accessory or Audi Genuine Merchandise; or
- The repair of any faulty or unusable Audi Genuine Accessory or Audi Genuine Merchandise.
Specific Warranty Exclusions
The above Audi Store Warranties do not apply to the extent the defect or damage was caused by:
- The buyer not immediately providing an opportunity to make repair upon fault becoming evident.
- The purchased item having been improperly installed, repaired, maintained or serviced (Note: this does not affect any right or remedy you may have as against any person who improperly installed, repaired, maintained or serviced the part).
- Non approved modifications to the goods from original specifications.
- The item not conforming to local country specific requirements as a result of the item having been purchased offshore.
- The goods not having been fitted in accordance with the stipulations of Volkswagen Group Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 14 093 117 876) trading as Audi Australia.
- Accident, driver error or abuse, neglect, lack of due care, or driving technique.
- Natural wear and tear.
To the extent permitted by law:
- the owner is required to bear any expense incurred in exercising their rights under this Audi Store Warranty; and
- this Audi Store Warranty does not cover the loss of income or earnings, nor any cost arising out of the immobilisation of the vehicle.
How to make a claim
To make a claim under this Audi Store Warranty when the goods were purchased from Audi Store but not fitted to a vehicle by an Authorised Audi Dealer, the goods and the original sales invoice from Audi Store must be delivered by the purchaser at their expense to Audi Store or an Authorised Audi Dealer.
To make a claim under this Audi Store Warranty when the goods were purchased from Audi Store and fitted by an Authorised Audi Dealer, the vehicle to which the goods were fitted and the original sales invoice for the work performed when the goods were fitted must be delivered by the owner of the vehicle at their expense to an Authorised Audi Dealer, and delivery of the vehicle after completion of the repair shall be taken by the owner at their expense at the workshop in question.
Please visit our website on www.audi.com.au for the address details of your nearest Authorised Audi Dealer.