In this document, “Audi”, “we”, “us” and “our” means Volkswagen Group Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 14 093 117 876) trading as Audi Australia. Audi operates the website https://store.audi.com.au/ ("Website").
What is personal information?
“Personal information” means information or an opinion that is capable of reasonably identifying you, whether that information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not. Personal information includes, for example, your name and contact details.
What kinds of personal information do we collect?
The types of personal information we may collect from you includes (but is not limited to) your name; street address; email address; telephone and/or mobile phone number(s);
If you do not provide the personal information that we request in connection with our activities, we may not be able to provide the products that you require.
How do we collect personal information?
We ordinarily collect personal information directly from you.
We may collect personal information from you in a variety of ways, including when you:
- make a purchase on our Website as a guest;
- create an account on our Website to place orders for accessories;
- visit any of our official social media pages;
- manage/change your account information;
- contact us by phone, email, post or by using our Website enquiry form;
- subscribe to receive our newsletters or other promotional materials; and
- sign-up to participate in surveys, competitions or other promotional activities that we may conduct.
From time to time, Audi may also collect your personal information from third parties including (but not limited to):
- law enforcement agencies and other government entities;
- third parties you have authorised to act on your behalf;
- third party suppliers and contractors who assist us to operate our business.
Your personal information will only ordinarily be collected from third parties if it is unreasonable or impractical to collect that personal information from you directly. If and when we do collect personal information from third parties, we will take reasonable steps, in the circumstances, to inform you of this collection and obtain your consent.
Why do we collect your personal information and how do we use it?
Audi may collect and use your personal information for various purposes (including but not limited to):
- fulfilling orders for accessories and processing transactions;
- registering, setting up and managing customer accounts;
- responding to your questions, comments and requests and to otherwise provide customer services;
- marketing our products and services and providing you with, for example, newsletters or offers of promotional events or opportunities (such as competitions or surveys) that may be of interest to you;
- the prevention of fraud and/or identifying and investigating any suspicious use of our Website or online services;
- to improve our services and for data analytics;
- for our internal business and management processes, for example, accounting or auditing purposes;
- for any other purpose to allow us to comply with our obligations under law; and
- for any other purposes that would reasonably be expected by you.
Audi may use your personal information for the purposes of marketing our products and services to you. If you would like to stop receiving marketing communications, you can opt out by contacting us using the Contact Details below and informing us that you no longer wish to receive these materials. If at any time you would like to stop receiving future emails, you can click the “unsubscribe” feature at the bottom of each direct marketing email we send.
Will we disclose your personal information?
From time to time, Audi may disclose your personal information to third parties for the purposes of conducting our business. These third parties may include (but are not limited to):
- third party service providers who assist us in managing our business or operating our Website, such as Shopify (which is located in Canada and provides the e-commerce shopping platform we use), Stripe (which is our payment processor), business support services, webhosting service providers, cloud storage providers, mailing houses etc;
- delivery service providers, such as Australia Post and couriers;
- an Audi dealership, if you are collecting your order from the dealership;
- our professional advisors including lawyers, accountants, tax advisors and auditors;
- law enforcement bodies to assist in their functions, courts of law or as otherwise required or authorised by law; and
- regulatory or government bodies for the purposes of resolving customer complaints or investigations.
Aggregated data (which does not identify you) may be shared with our parent company, AUDI AG, which is located in Germany.
How do we secure and protect your personal information?
We take such steps as are reasonable, in the circumstances, to maintain the integrity of and store securely your personal information to protect it from interference, misuse and loss and from unauthorised use, access, modification or disclosure.
In order to protect your personal information all personal data is transmitted across a secure connection and encrypted in a secure location with highly restricted access.
Third Party Links
Check the “Help” menu of your browser for more information on how to change your cookie preferences. You may disable cookies or set your browser to alert you when cookies are being sent. If you do disable cookies, we may be unable to optimise your visit to our Website and you may experience some errors. Refer to your browser instructions or help screens to learn about these functions.
How do we maintain the accuracy of the personal information we hold about you?
We take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information that we collect is up-to-date and complete.
However, in order to maintain the accuracy of the personal information, we rely on the quality of the personal information that you provide to us. You may update your personal information by accessing your account details on the Website.
Requests for access and correction of personal information
You are entitled to access and correct the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies in the information corrected.
If you would like to access or correct any of the personal information we hold about you, you may do so by contacting our Privacy Officer using the Contact Details below.
There are some circumstances specified by law where we may refuse your request for access to and/or the correction of your personal information. However, if one of these circumstances applies, we will provide you with a written explanation of the reasons for refusal, unless it would be unreasonable to provide that notice. If we refuse your request for correction, we will include a statement with your personal information about the requested correction.
Once we receive your request for access or correction, we will endeavour to respond to your request within a reasonable time of the request being made. We may also charge reasonable costs for responding to your request.
If you have any concerns or a complaint about a breach of your privacy or the way we have handled your personal information, please provide written details of the nature of your complaint to our Privacy Officer (using the “Contact Us” details below)
We will then investigate your complaint and endeavour to provide you with our response within a reasonable time of receiving your request. If, after receiving our response, you still consider that your privacy complaint remains unresolved, you may then, for example, refer your concern to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.
The Privacy Officer
Audi Australia Pty Ltd
Locked Bag 5333
Botany NSW 1455
Last Updated: 21 July 2023